The House U Červeného orla
Although the first mention of the House U Červeného orla (At the Red Eagle) dates back to 1403, its appearance has been frequently altered due to fires and gradual reconstructions. Its present-day look reflects renovations from the third quarter of the 18th century, but many references to earlier times have been preserved on the facade. Evidence of this includes a Renaissance entrance portal with stone framing, a richly profiled cornice, and a gable with a typical Baroque cutout. In the frieze above the windows of the first floor, there is a painting of an eagle on a rock, which likely refers to the pharmacy that was located in the house in the 17th century. The abandoned house aligns its narrow facade with Nerudova Street, which has been the main thoroughfare between Malá Strana and Prague Castle for centuries. Coronation processions used to pass through here, a sight that today can only be reminiscent of the flowing crowds of tourists.