V Cípu Passage
The passage called V Cípu, named after the local restaurant, is a convenient route free from tourist crowds. It leads from the bustling Jilská Street to Malé náměstí (Small Square) or Melantrichova Street. There stands the deconsecrated Church of St. Michael the Archangel, which has been there since Romanesque times. It has undergone many reconstructions and reached its greatest significance in the early 15th century when it briefly became a center of Hussitism due to the worship services of Jan Hus. The pivotal year for the church and the adjacent monastery was 1786 when its main function was abolished. Since then, it has served many purposes and now functions as an exhibition hall or gallery.