The gleaming white Museum Kampa on the island of the same name is complemented by sculptures of yellow penguins by the Cracking Art Group and a trio of babies by David Černý. The history of the Sova’s Mills, where the museum is located, dates back to the 10th century, but they acquired their name in 1478 when they were acquired by Václav Sova from Liboslav. Over the centuries, the mills have undergone several changes in appearance and function. The most significant events were the Gothic Revival renovation in the late 19th century by Josef Schulz, which added the typical gabled facades, and unfortunately, a subsequent fire that permanently ended mill operations.
The complex acquired its current form in 2000-2001 when it was reconstructed for the purposes of the Jan and Meda Mládek Foundation Gallery. The historical building was complemented by a glass bridge designed by Václav Cigler and a distinctive glass prism by Marian Karel. The entire reconstruction was overseen by Viennese architect Helena Bukovanská.