The history of the block between Na Poříčí and Na Florenci streets was most significantly marked by the construction of Masaryk Railway Station in 1845. This transformed the block, previously dotted with small gardens owned by affluent bourgeoisie, into a transportation hub of Prague. On one of the plots directly opposite the railway tracks, there originally stood a monumental Neo-Renaissance building with an art gallery and luxury apartments. However, it was demolished in 1983, along with other smaller buildings along the street front, to make way for an even more massive structure, the building of Rudé právo. Just when one might think that constructing a larger building within the block would not be possible, in 2012, the investment group Penta came up with the idea to build the new administrative palace called Florentinum. The resulting inner courtyard, named Piazza, is surrounded by the glass facade of the new building, and one side is also enclosed by Desfourský Palace.