Zlatá ulice (Golden Lane) got its name from the craftsmen who lived there in the Middle Ages. This narrow alley in the Old Town was home to jewelers and goldsmiths, but it officially received its name much later, in 1905. The narrow lane, partially overgrown with ivy, leads from Anenské náměstí (Anenské Square) to the front of the Church of St. Giles and is filled with the enchanting atmosphere of old Prague. It is formed by the rear facades of the local houses and the Church of St. Anne. As one of the few streets in the Old Town, it is locked at night.